Why use QuartzPack?
Around 100.000+ wells worldwide are leaking oil, gas, or both, into the atmosphere and the sea, along with contaminating under-ground fresh water aquifers.
- A more sustainable, safe and cost efficient placement of gas tight barriers in wells for temporary and/or permanent purposes are needed and pushed by the industry and authorities.
- Today's method of utilizing cement has proven insufficient over time and impose huge
problems and costly operations in the effort of solving the problems with leaking wells.
- A vast number of old wells worldwide needs safe and lasting permanent abandonment.
- Contamination of under-ground fresh water aquifers is of international growing concern and is getting increased attention.
- Rising public protest campaigns are a threat to the industry.
Learn about the science behind the solution: Permanent Abandonment of a North Sea Well Using Unconsolidated Well-Plugging Material
Or watch this product video, showing how QuartzPack works:
Give us a call:
Kjell Erik Drevdal Business Development Officer
Mr. Drevdal holds a Petroleum engineering degree from University of Stavanger and has more than 35 years of experience from the oil industry, related to drilling and well technology and operations: On-/offshore drilling engineering/supervisor positions with several major E&P co’s. Managerial positions with drilling contractor, equipment manufacturer, technology development company and technology/service provider.
Phone: +47 916 43 552